This month we are heading down under to Marlborough, NZ to present to you some great summer wines from Babich. From humble beginnings in 1916 they are a family owned business who have worked tirelessly and passionately over the years, learning all there is to know about making the best quality wine New Zealand has to offer and taking it to the world. This wine has come from the very best and carefully selected wine growing land in New Zealand. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Cheers!
Pinot Noir 2015
The bouquet shows earthy dark fruits and spicy strawberries with a touch of cedar. Flavors of raspberry and cherry lead the palate into some dark tarry notes with a hint of vanilla. Elegant and focused fruit.
- Best in Show/ Best Pinot Noir / Double Gold Medal~ NY World Wine & Spirits Competition 2016
- Cubed Lamb
- Eggplant dishes
- Steak and Mushroom pie
Sauvignon Blanc 2017
Aromas of gooseberry with lifted lantana and a hint of grapefruit. Mineral and herbal notes, white musk. The palate is an explosion of sweet blackcurrant followed up with lemon and spice. Medium weight and textural – good flesh with a zesty finish.
- 89 Points ~ R. Parker’s Wine Advocate, March 2018
- Silver Medal ~ Japan Wine Challenge 2017
- Silver Medal ~ Berlin International 2018
- Fresh Oysters
- Broiled Shrimp or Scallops
Red summer fruits, floral elements and a touch of spice. This Rosė is mouth-filling and creamy with tangy strawberry, a touch of raspberry and a pleasantly crisp finish.
- Gold Medal ~ San Francisco Int’l Wine Competition 2017
- Gold Medal ~ WSWA 74th Annual Conv. & Exposition Wine & Spirits Tasting Competition 2017
- Summer picnic foods
- Spicy Indian cuisine